SEGU PILLAI MARIKAR
Al Haj M.A.M.A.Hassen JP (1903-1997) of Hassen Villa Weveldeniya
Donated his land to build Babul Hassen Central College of Warakapola. Also donated three shops each to Warakapola Grand Jumma Mosque, Town Mosque and two shops to Ganithapura Jumma Mosque in Warakapola.
In addition to this in 1993 he donated four acres of land in Ganithapura, Warakapola to needy Muslims and this area is now known as Hassenpura.
One of the founder members and president of the Muslim Ladies Arabic College of Kal-Eliya from the inception till his demise.
He played a leading role in promoting the improvements to the Warakapola town.
His children (Mrs Hafeela Cassim and Mr Abdul Raheeman Hassen JP) as per his wishes donated the property of Dharul Hassenath Academy of Warakapola under a deed of Trust (Wagf) in 2001
One of the founder members of the Board of Trustees of the Moors’ Islamic Cultural Home
Appointed as a Justice of the Peace for the whole Island by the British Government.
Mr. M.L.Abdul Raheem of Marikar Villa Pasyala
He together with Usman Ralahamy, Mr. Usuf Lebbe Abdul Hameed and Mr Zubair of Dippitiya started an Institute close to Usman Ralahamy’s parents home in 1932, at the location where Al-Madhrasathush-Shareefiyyah of Warakapola stands today, to educate the children of the area. In 1944 this institute was shifted to Horagolla Warakapola to the land donated by Al Haj M.A.M.A. Hassan (JP) of Hassan Villa Kandy Road Wewaldeniya and presently it is known as Babul Hassan Central College.
JPUM - Justice of Peace and Unofficial Magistrate.
JP - Justice of the Peace.
Dr - Doctor.
C. Eng - Chartered Engineer.
FCMA - Fellow Chartered Management Accountant
ACA - Associate Chartered Accountant.
d. - Died.