PEACE OFFICER UNUS of Nelundeniya
Peace Officer Unus of Nelumdeniya
He had been appointed as a Peace Officer (Muladeni), but neither the date of appointment nor the area for which he was appointed is known. However it is assumed that he would have been appointed for the same area for which his eldest son (Peace Officer Ismail) was appointed as the Peace Officer. i.e. For the Colombo-Kandy Road from the 35th to 45th mile post, that is from Warakapola to Galigamuwa and for the Warakapola-Ruwanwella Road upto 7 ¼ mile post, that is from Warakapola to Galapitamada in the Kegalle District of the Sabaragamuwa Province.
Peace Officer Ismail (1867 - 1923) of Warakapola
Unus Ibunu Muhammad Ismail was appointed as the Peace Officer (Muladeni) on the 24th of May 1898 for the Colombo-Kandy Road from the 35th to 45th mile posts, that is from Warakapola to Galigamuwa and for the Warakapola-Ruwanwella Road upto 7 ¼ mile post, that is from Warakapola to Galapitamada in the Kegalle District of the Sabaragamuwa Province.
Usman Ralahamy (1899 - 1957) of Warakapola
He started an Institute close to his parents home in 1932 together with Mr. Muhammed Lebbe Abdul Raheem of Marikar Villa Kandy Road Pasyala (paternal grandfather of Mrs Mafaza Mihilar-2a3e4b), Mr. Usuf Lebbe Abdul Hameed (paternal grandfather of Mr. Rilwan 2a3d4b5c) and Mr Zubair of Dippitiya, at the location where Al-Madhrasathush-Shareefiyyah of Warakapola stands today, to educate the children of the area. In 1944 this institute was shifted to Horagolla Warakapola to the land donated by Al Haj M.A.M.A. Hassan (JP) of Hassan Villa Kandy Road Wewaldeniya and presently it is known as Babul Hassan Central College.
Shareef Ralahamy (1913 1968) of Warakapola
The property of Al-Madhrasathush-Shareefiyyah of Warakapola which was owned and administrated by the family was Wakfed by his two sons, that is by Dr. M . S . M . Mihilar JP (2a3e4b) and Mr. M . S . M . Fareed (2a3e4e) in December 1999 (21st Ramadhan 1420) to the Warakapola Grand Jummah Mosque.
He was a registrar of Muslim marriages upto 1965.
Thawoos Ralahamy JP (1930) of Thulhiriya
He succeeded his uncle (Shareef Ralahamy) as the registrar of Muslim marriages in 1965.
He was appointed as a Justice of the Peace for the Judicial District of Kegalle in 1978.
Dr. M . S . M . Mihilar JP (1946) of Warakapola
He is the founder President of the Horagolla Mosque which is now known as Masjid Al Hudha in Horagolla, Warakapola. In 1975 when he was putting up his house in Horagolla Warakapola he had the intention of building a mosque as there wasn’t a mosque in that area. In order to accomplish his desire, with the generous contribution of the community a small plot of land was purchased in 1977 and the mosque was built in 1979
He was appointed as a Justice of the Peace for the Judicial District of Kegalle in 1983.
Lakariya JP (1945) of Eheliyagoda
He donated land at Kalavitagoda Eheliyagoda in 1995 to build Masjidul Muthkeen and was appointed as its founder president.
He also has donated a roadway in 1995 named as Asgangula Mawatha to the adjoining Village Asgangula South.
He was appointed as a Justice of the Peace for the Judicial District of Ratnapura in 1984.
JP - Justice of the Peace
Dr - Doctor
ACA - Associate Chartered Accountant
d. - died.